It’s the time of year when many people think about ways to improve their lives, and the lives of others. Add Lincoln’s homeless cats to the list of those you can help, in many ways.
- Adopt a cat, kitten, or multiple cats or kittens. Look at the “Adopt” menu above for information about our adoption process, and links to a listing all our available cats and kittens and our adoption application. Also, check out the four featured cats at the top of this page – each picture is a link to more details about that cat.
- Volunteer. The Cat House is staffed and managed by volunteers. Volunteers do everything from cleaning the shelter and socializing cats to organizing fundraisers to stuffing catnip sticks to returning telephone calls. See the “Volunteer” page for more information.
- Foster. Foster a senior or special-needs cat who doesn’t do well in a shelter environment, or a mother cat with kittens, or kittens on their own, until they are ready to be spayed or neutered and then adopted. Fostering cats and kittens is very rewarding, and it saves lives!
- Donate. If your life situation doesn’t allow you to adopt, foster, or volunteer, support the cats through your donations. The Cat House is funded by donations and adoption fees (and adoption fees don’t even cover our vet bills); we don’t receive any government funding. Any donation, large or small, helps!
- Shop. You can help through the shopping that you’re doing anyway, at no cost to yourself. See our “Help While Shopping” page for more information about Amazon’s Smile program and iGive.
No matter how you choose to help, know that you’re saving lives, like those of the cats pictured below, cats who were adopted into loving homes in 2016!